Sunday, March 15, 2015

Vintage Conversion - Finnabair Creative Team


Hi Everyone,

 I decided to convert a small vintage wooden box which I picked up at a garage sale, I so love picking up vintage finds (ready for conversion!). To begin my project I gave the entire box a light sand coat of white gesso. The inner part of the box top is cushioned, I covered this with a brushing of soft gloss gel and then added scripted washi tape to the surface (note the sides were covered in the same way). After painting and allowing ample time to dry it was time to add my stamped image. My beautiful 'don't forget to fly stamp' was stamped onto white tissue paper. I carefully tore the image from the sheet leaving a slight edge. To apply to the cushioned section of the box I used soft gloss gel both underneath and over the top. This blended the image perfectly into the box lid. Copper Micro Beads edge the frame and a hint of Gold Micah Powder can be seen around the stamped image also. Finishing it off you will see some metallic gold thread which has been woven through my metal corners.




Art Basics Soft Gloss Gel - 961435
Art Ingredients Micro Beads Copper - 962579
Art Basics Heavy Gesso White - 961374
Art Ingredients Micah Powder Gold - 962524
Finnabair Crackle Clear Stamp - 961855
 Finnabair Create Magic Stamp - 96207
Finnabair Don't forget to fly Stamp - 96213

If you have any questions at all please feel free to ask.

~ Rebecca ~ 

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely GORGEOUS! Loooove that you used washi tape for the base.....& the micro beads look delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - so gorgeous - the gleam is beautiful with the vivid colours.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete