Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Compendium of Curiosities 3 : Challenge 19

Hi Everyone, 


Today I am super happy to share with you a tag which I have created especially for the Compendium of Curiosities 3, Challenge No 19.  It has been a month or two since I have created something Tim Holtz style so when last minute I stumbled across this challenge I felt inspired to enter (thanks Curiosity Team your projects were amazing!!). Also coincidentally this week my Mum handed me all her offcuts from a Tim Holtz quilt she is currently putting together for me. What do you do when your Mum hands you a bunch of AMAZING  Eclectic Elements material scraps??, you use them and create!!. 

I love making tags and have never used so much material on one tag before, I LOVE it, yes I am patting myself on my own back. This tag is now proudly on display in my craft room. 

What a fabulous challenge and thank you to Inspiration Emporium and Tim & Mario  for supplying such amazing challenge prizes. 







Thank you all for looking, I wish you a happy and creative day!

~ Rebecca ~ 

13 comments:

  1. Wow this looks like pure magic rolled up in tag! LOVE all the elements, the way you've pieced and stitched this together.
    Georgie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Georgie, really appreciate you taking the time to leave me some feedback. This tag was super fun to make, never thought I would be grateful for my super crooked sewing style ;-)

      Delete
  2. Rebecca...this tag is fabulous! You've really captured the essence of Tim's fabric and the frayed technique. I totally love all of your embellishments on the tag. It's awesomeness on steroids! Thanks for sharing this work of art with all of us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should pat your own back, this is FABULOUS!!! You used so much fabric and all the stitching is wonderful and so fun!!! LOVE every single detail! KUDOS!!! Thank you so much for joining in our first challenge of the year and stitching up a great project for CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow, am I ever glad you stumbled upon our challenge because this tag is fantastic! I adore the colors, the sewn bits here and there, and the added Idea-ology. Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this over at CC3C and just had to come over to say how beautiful I think it is! I love your stitching too. How lovely that your Mum is making you a quilt with Tim's fabric!! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is Fabulicious!!! LOOOVE that it's made with your mums scraps!!!! And wow! What a gorgeous creation:) hope we get to see a pic of the finished quilt too??!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fab is this? Very fab indeedily! Love all the stitched elements, bravo! Thanks for joining in with the CC3C x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness...this is fabtastic! Love all the stitching and layering! This is an amazing creation!
    Thanks for sharing with us at CC3C!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beauty! Love how you've embellished the fabric with all the metal. Thanks for sharing this with us at CC3C!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome, grungy, scrappy, frayed goodness. I lurve those red butterflies, love how you fussy cut them and sewed them down. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cool tag ; love all the embellishments and the stitching is fabulous ... you rocked it !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on Pinworthy Mention at CC3. Your tag looks amazing, I love how you cut the motifs out and patched them on.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete