Saturday, October 11, 2014

Mixed Media Tag - Finnabair Creative Team

Hi Everyone!!!

I would like to share a bright and happy mixed media tag with you all. This tag has been created using the extremely versatile product Soft Gloss Gel and I have used it in three different ways.



1) Image Transfer - I applied Soft Gloss Gel to one side of antique book paper and adhered my paper to the tag. Once dry I sprayed the book paper with water and gently removed the top layer by rubbing my finger over it. The result is reverse text, but I like that, makes it a little different.

2) Ink Resist - Soft Gloss Gel was applied through my stencil and allowed to completely dry. Ink was then applied over the top with a sponge dauber, you will see the Soft Gloss Gel will resist the ink leaving glossy white spots.

3) Adhesive - I used Soft Gloss Gel to adhere my material, ribbons and beads to my tag. My leaves and flowers were also given a top coat of Soft Gloss Gel, this not only sealed them but gave them a beautiful shine.



Products Used
Art Basics Soft Gloss Gel - 961435
Art Basics 3D Gloss Gel - 961367
Art Ingredients Mica Flakes (Mulberry) - 961725
Art Ingredients Glass Beads (Zinc) - 961695
Art Ingredients Glass Beads (Plum) - 961718
Mechanicals Vintage Trinkets - 961114
Mechanicals Vintage Trinkets - 961046
Vintage Trinkets Bottle Caps - 960391

If you would like to see the amazing projects created with Art Basics by the rest of the team please follow this link. 

Many thanks for looking and please if you have any questions feel free to ask.

~ Rebecca ~ 


1 comment: