Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Mixed Media Challenge - Flying Unicorn

This month I am hosting the Mixed Media Challenge for July / August at Flying Unicorn. I invite you all to please come and play along!!

Large letter stickers, you either love them, hate them, or love them but never use them. I am on the fence, I like them but never really use them a lot to title my work, I always end up with heaps of leftover ones and often odd letters. So in this case I have used them as my background for my entire canvas and I love how it has turned out.

 Products Used


As you can see below I have used different types of Thickers and also used different types of placement, upside down, right side up, sideways. It doesn't really matter as long as your canvas is covered.


A coating of gesso...


To finish my canvas I have added random sprays of Dylusion Ink Sprays. I waited for the sprays to dry and then added a full coat of black acrylic paint. I let it dry slightly (every so slightly) and then began removing the black paint with a baby wipe. To intensify the color I then added a few more squirts of ink spray. To finish I added a few colored chipboard hearts (which all had a thick coating of crackle accents) and a few small watch parts and cogs.






Rules

- All Standard Rules apply

- Your project must be mixed media based (journal, canvas, card, scrapbook page, your choice!)

- Projects must be uploaded by 8pm EST on August 14th to be eligible to win this awesome RAK (winner chosen by www.random.org)
Here is a photo of the wonderful RAK you could win, this RAK is an AWESOME one, mixed media goodness. I really look forward to seeing all the amazing and creative entries!!!.



Entries :-


3 comments:

  1. I just saw this project on Pinterest- it's genius! I have so many half used sticker sheets, this will make a great project for my grandson!! TFS.

    ReplyDelete